Katie PeateGraduate, BA Communications 2011
“I couldn’t have got where I am today without my experience at ICS, largely because it gave me the opportunities and confidence to put myself in unfamiliar territory and stretch my capabilities.”
- You are here:
- Institute of Communications Studies
Welcome to ICS
The Institute of Communications Studies is one of the top departments in the country for the study of communication, media and culture. With teaching and research strengths across a wide range of communication subjects – from popular culture to political communication, journalism studies to digital media – we offer degrees that emphasise choice, opportunity and the development of analytical and creative skills. Read more here ...
Click on the image to take a virtual tour of ICS.
- Students involved with Leeds Student Television are celebrating following a successful night at the National Student Television Awards on Saturday 5th April. Leeds Student TV - which counts many ICS students among its members - took home 5 trophies, winning in 4 categories and finishing runner-up (highly commended) in the well-respected ‘Best Broadcaster’ category.
- The UNESCO Chair "Cultural Policy for the Arts in Development" held by Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Schneider at the Department of Cultural Policy, University of Hildesheim welcomes Christiaan De Beukelaer as a visiting researcher during the summer of 2014. From June until the end of September, Christiaan will write up the final stages of his PhD dissertation at this department that works on issues closely related to his research. For more information see here.
- You are invited to this event in the ICS Research Seminar Series, given by Rosalind Gill, Professor of Social and Cultural Analysis at City University London. Work in the cultural and creative fields is marked by stark and growing inequalities relating to gender, class and race/ethnicity. Yet the same fields are also characterised by an ethos that celebrates openness, egalitarianism and meritocracy.
- The Media, Communications and Cultural Studies Association Postgraduate Network (MeCCSA-PGN) invites submission of abstracts for its 11th Annual Postgraduate Conference. The conference theme is ‘Global Interdependence: Knowledge, Experience and Theory’, and it will take place at the Institute of Communications Studies on June 23-24, 2014.